Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting started/Peter Fox


Classes for the Freie Universität Berlin International Summer University have started up! I'm in the music composition class with Samuel Adler and the attached conducting class with his wife, Emily Freeman Brown. Even from two days in class, both promise to be incredibly valuable to my development as a musician. Professor Adler is incredibly nice, if also incredibly intense, and isn't afraid to rip into a piece if it merits it. I think what I like most about him, though, is that he's still so fascinated by music and not jaded in the slightest. If I'm still that engaged at 82 years old, I'll be a happy man. Dr. Brown is a sweetheart but I haven't had as much exposure to her as I have to Professor Adler so not as much to say about her quite yet. Conducting class is fun and involved though!

Here's an awesome musician that I heard on the radio the other day; it's worth looking up translations of his lyrics as they're fantastic. Bis später!

No comments:

Post a Comment